When the capillary walls lose their elasticity and the cells become weak it causes broken capillaries. If you suffer from such a problem often then it is important to consult a doctor as it could be an indication of another disease. Medications such as Coumadin, aspirin and Warfarin are blood thinners and could lead to bleeding of capillaries by preventing blood clotting. You should also avoid alcohol and extreme temperatures. There are certain herbal remedies which can help seal capillaries that are bleeding and also strengthen the walls of the capillaries.
1. Billberry: It contains anthocyanins that are useful for blood vessels and capillaries. The anthocyanins regenerates and repairs leaky or broken blood vessels and capillaries, it also improves the production of mucopolysaccharides that aid in synthesize collagen which in turn strengthen the walls of capillaries. Dietary supplements are available.
2. Butcher's Broom: Neoruscogenin and ruscogenin are two active ingredients contained in butcher's broom and it reduces inflammations and strengthens blood vessels and capillaries as well. It is dried and available in capsules, this herb must be avoided if you have a high blood pressure as the herb constricts the blood vessels.
3. Gotu Kola: Asiaticoside, triterpines and madecassoside are contained in gotu kola which aids in strengthening capillaries and veins and improves blood circulation. The extract of the herb is usually taken. Scarring and varicose veins are minimized when you intake the herb. It must be avoided during pregnancy as it is known to cause miscarriage.
4. Arnica: This herb is both an anti-inflammatory and pain reliever, it heals bruised and seals capillaries that are broken. It is available as cream or you can use a compress that is soaked in arnica blend tea or water with drops of the herb tincture.
5. Comfrey: this is the oldest herbal remedy for skin problems. It contains allanatoin and has anti-inflammatory properties that treats bleeding capillaries and is also useful for repairing bruises and other skin problems. The herb is used as a cream or applied using a cloth soaked in a tea blend. It is harms the liver if ingested.
6. Parsley: It is a herb common to all households and it can be effective in treating bruises and broken capillaries. The parsley is moistened and applied to the effected area, the effectiveness depends on the amount of time you keep it on. Fresh parsley must be used for every treatment.
7. Tumeric: Turmeric contains curcumin and improves blood circulation, strengthens capillaries and blood vessels and prevents blood clotting.
8. Geranium: The essential oil is used to treat eczema, broken capillaries, bruises and other problems on mature delicate skin. It helps improve regeneration of cells and hence speeds up the healing process.
It is very important that you consult a doctor before using any of these herbs, especially if you are already taking blood thinning medications. If you don't verify with your doctor then the use of these herbal remedies could lead to complications.